Website Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are effective from: 4th December 2019
PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING USE OF THIS SITE
Other terms and conditions
- If you buy courses on this website, then our Terms of Supply will be applicable to the sales.
Information about us
- This website (ukonlinetraining.co.uk) is owned and operated by UK Online Training Limited (otherwise referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”).
- Our contact details:
- Telephone: +44 (0)161 763 3727
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office address: Unit 1, Bury Business Centre, Kay St, Bury, BL9 6BU, United Kingdom.
- Company Registration No: 09875706 England and Wales
- VAT Registration No: 228279485
Changes to these terms and conditions
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you access our website. Please ensure that you check this page from time to time as any changes are binding upon you.
- If any provision within these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable (in whole or in part) the validity of the other provisions of these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
Changes to our website
- We do not provide a guarantee that our websites or the content on it will be free from omissions or errors.
- We may change the content from time to time. Please note that from time to time certain parts of our website may be out of date and we are under no obligation to update it.
Website access and availability
- We are not able to provide a guarantee that our website or the content will always be available. We provide access to our website on a temporary basis and may withdraw, suspend or discontinue our website in whole or in part without notice. We are not liable to you if for any reason our website is not available for any period or at any time.
- You have the responsibility to ensure that whoever accesses our website through your internet connection is aware of all applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
- You have the responsibility to make all arrangements necessary in order for you to access to our website.
Account and password
- To participate in the online courses via our website you will need to register with us. Each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network. Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you.
- Once you are provided with a username and password as part of our security procedures then you are required to treat that information as confidential and must not disclose it to a third party or someone else within your company, business or organisation.
- If a company, business or organisation purchases access to a course for multiple users, each user will be given a user name and password. These usernames and passwords must only be used by one person in the company, business or organisation.
- You must promptly notify us at email@example.com if you suspect or know that your password has been obtained by anyone else.
Intellectual property rights
- We are the licensee or owner of all intellectual property rights contained within this website, and the material published on it. The rights to these works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and as such all such rights are reserved to us.
- You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to any content posted on our website.
- You must not make use of any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any text which accompanies it.
- You must always acknowledge our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content.
- You must not use any part of the content on our website for any commercial purpose without first obtaining a licence to do so from either ourselves or our licensors.
- No part of our website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
Limitation of our liability
- To the extent that is permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, conditions, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or any content on it, whether implied or expressed
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage to any user, whether in tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, contract or otherwise, even if such loss or damage was foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Your use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- Your reliance on or use of any content displayed on our website
- If you are a business user, please note that we will not, in particular, be liable for:
- interruption of business;
- any loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of goodwill, reputation or business opportunity; or
- any consequential or indirect loss or damage
- loss of sales, business, profits, or revenue
- If you use our website as a consumer, please note that we only provide our websites for private and domestic use. You agree that you will not use our websites for any business or commercial use, and that we bear no liability to you for any loss of business, business interruption, loss of profit, or loss of business opportunity
- We will not be held liable for any loss or damage which is caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other material that is technologically harmful that may infect your computer programs, computer equipment, data or other material arising out of your use of our website or arising out of your downloading of any content contained on it, or contained on any website which is linked to it.
- We are not liable and assume no responsibility for the content of websites which are linked on our website. Such links should not be treated as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be held liable for any damage or loss that may arise out of your use of them.
- Different exclusions and limitations of liability will apply to any liability arising as a result of the supply of any courses you use, which will be set out in our Terms of supply.
- We do not give any guarantee that our website will be secure or free from viruses or bugs.
- You take responsibility for configuring your computer programmes, information technology, and platform correctly in order to access our website. You should make use of your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing trojans, worms, logic bombs, viruses or other material which is technologically harmful or malicious. You must not attempt to obtain access which is unauthorised to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database which is connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a distributed denial-of service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. If you act in breach of this provision, you would be committing a criminal offence pursuant to the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any such breach will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach of the law and of this provision, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
Links to our website
- You may link to the home page of our website on another website, provided that you do so in such a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where this does not exist.
- You must not establish a link to our website on any website which you do not own.
- You must not create a link to any part of our website other than the home page and our website must not be framed on any other site.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this linking permission without notice to you.
- The website on which you link to our website must in all respects comply with the content standards set out in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- If you would like to make any use of content on our website other than that described above, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party websites
- Links to third party websites on our website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave our website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to by our website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Prohibited uses of our website
You may use our website for lawful purposes only. You are not permitted to use our website:
- In any way that is in breach of any applicable national, international or local law or regulation
- In any way that is fraudulent or unlawful, or has any fraudulent or unlawful purpose or effect
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unauthorised or unsolicited promotional material or advertising or any other form of similar solicitation (commonly known as ‘spam’)
- To knowingly receive, send, download, upload, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our standards of content
- For the purpose of attempting to harm or harming any minors in any way
- To knowingly transmit any data or send or upload any material that contains Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, viruses, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code which is designed to adversely affect the correct operation of any computer software or hardware
You also agree:
- Not to duplicate, reproduce, copy or re-sell any part of our website in contravention of these Terms and Conditions of Use
- Not (without authority) to access, interfere with, disrupt or damage:
- any section or part of our websites;
- any network or equipment on which our websites are stored;
- any software which is used in the provision of our websites; or
- any network or software or equipment which is owned or used by any third party
Suspension and/or termination
We will determine, at our absolute discretion, if there has been any breach of the terms and conditions of use through your particular use of our website. When a breach of this policy has taken place, we may decide to take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply amounts to a material breach of the Terms and Conditions of Use under which you are allowed to use our website, and may result in our taking any or all of the following actions:
- Immediate withdrawal of your right to use our website (whether temporary or permanent)
- Immediate removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our websites (temporarily or permanently)
- Issue of a warning to you about your conduct
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs we have incurred on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, legal costs and reasonable administrative costs) which result from the breach
- Further legal action may be taken against you
- We shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting inappropriate material
We exclude all liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses set out in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem to be appropriate depending on the particular situation.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
These terms and conditions (including in relation to any non-contractual obligations) shall be are governed by English law. The jurisdiction is with English courts.