Terms of supply
These terms of supply are effective from: 4th Dec 2019
- Please review them all carefully and make sure that you understand them before booking any of our online courses.
- Please note that before you make a booking you will be asked to agree to these Terms of Supply. If you refuse to agree to any of these Terms of Supply, you will not be able to book or use any courses on our website.
Information about us
- ukonlinetraining.co.uk is owned and operated by UK Online Training Limited (otherwise referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”).
- Our contact details:
- Telephone:+44 (0)161 763 3727
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office address: Unit 1, Bury Business Centre, Kay St, Bury, BL9 6BU, United Kingdom.
- Company Registration No: 09875706 England and Wales
- VAT Registration No: 228279485
- The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in our courses, the content of them and associated materials is owned solely by Videotile Learning Limited and you may not copy or reproduce any part of them unless you have obtained a licence in writing from them at:-
Unit 9, Venus House
Altham Business Park
- We only supply and distribute the courses under licence from Videotile for internal use by you or others within your business or organisation, and you agree not to use them or permit them to be used for any resale purposes
Use of our website
- Your use of our website is governed by our Website Terms and Conditions. Please take the time to read this document, as it includes important Terms and Conditions which apply to you and our Agreement.
How we use your personal information
- Unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws including the Data Protection Act 2018, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and any successor legislation, any laws that replace, extend, re-enact, consolidate or amend any of the foregoing will apply: (Data Protection Laws)
- Both you and we must comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Laws
- We and you as joint data controllers warrant to act, at all material times, in accordance with the Data Protection Laws. We and you each further warrant:
- to process shared personal data only for the permitted purpose which is for the provision of online training and reporting via our website and Learning Management System;
- not to disclose or allow access to the shared personal data to anyone other than you or us;
- that all shared personal data is accurate, up to date and has at all times been collected, processed, stored and transferred in accordance with all applicable laws;
- that all data subjects have been provided with sufficient information to enable fair, transparent and lawful processing and that you and we have all relevant permissions and consents to share the personal data with each other;
- that the shared personal data is transferred in a secure manner using appropriate technical and organisational security measures that comply with the obligations of each data controller under Data Protection Laws including but not limited to GDPR Arts 45, 46, 49 and recitals;
- to keep all notices and records up to date and accurate and to allow the other joint data controller, from time to time, access to the notices and records;
- not, by any act or omission, cause the other joint data controller (or any other person) to be in breach of any Data Protection Laws;
- to notify promptly (and in any event within 10 business days) the joint data controller when it becomes aware of:
- any change of circumstance which will, or may, or is alleged to impact on the lawfulness of the processing of the shared personal data;
- any change in consent or other requests from any data subjects in respect of the shared personal data;
- any inaccuracies in shared personal data;
- any complaints in respect of the shared personal data;
- any personal data breach including notification of the Data Protection Supervisory Authority and or data subjects impacting or relating to any shared personal data.
- to retain its own obligations in respect of shared data it receives and will promptly co-operate with and provide reasonable assistance, information and record to assist each other with our respective compliance with Data Protection Laws and in relation to all complaints and data subject requests
- You confirm that you have sufficient authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to book and pay for any courses
- You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Agreement
Our right to modify these terms of supply
- We review and may modify these Terms of Supply from time to time. Please see above to see when these Terms of Supply were last updated
- Every time you order courses from us, the Terms of Supply in effect at the time of your order will be the ones applicable to the Agreement between you and us
- We review and may vary these Terms of Supply as they are applicable to your order from time to time to reflect changes in regulatory requirements and relevant laws in which case we will notify you accordingly
Delivery of our courses
All of our courses are electronic courses and login details for access to them will be provided in accordance with the confirmation email. Occasionally, our delivery to you may be affected by an event outside of our control.
Delivery of an order shall be completed when we provide you with login details to the email address you gave us.
Price of courses and other fees
- Please contact us and we will give you the prices of the courses
- Prices for our courses may vary from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed
- The price of a course excludes VAT
- Discounts are available for buying multiple courses and/or for multiple users
How to pay
- You can pay for Courses:
- By bank transfer
- By Paypal
- Using a debit card or credit card online or over the phone
- Payment for the courses and any applicable payment processing fees are made in advance of getting the access details (login details) to the courses you order from us
- Nothing in these Terms of Supply limits or excludes our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- Subject to the sentence above in this section, we will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in Agreement, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Agreement for:
- any loss of profits, sales, contracts, business, or revenue;
- loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data
- loss of goodwill
- wasted management or office time; or
- any indirect or consequential loss
- Subject to the 1st sentence above in this section, our total liability to you in respect of all losses arising under or in connection with the Agreement, whether in Agreement, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the courses save to the extent that cover is provided under our professional liability insurance
- To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our websites, any websites linked to them and any material posted on them;
- any liability for any bugs or faults in our systems or tools;
- Except as expressly stated in these Terms of Supply, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the courses. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms of Supply by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the courses are suitable for your purposes or the purposes of any learner within your organisation who is intending to do a course
Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under an Agreement that is caused by an Event Outside Our \Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 2 of this section
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lockouts or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or third party online cloud computing platforms
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations to you:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Courses to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over
- You may cancel an order affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us
Communications between us
- When we refer, in these Terms of Supply, to “in writing”, this will include email
- In relation to notices and communications:
- Any notice or other communication given by you to us, or by us to you, under or in connection with the Agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service or email
- A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at our registered office; if sent by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second Business Day after posting or if sent by email, one Business Day after transmission
- In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified relevant First Friday email address of the addressee
- The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action
Other important terms and conditions
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under this Agreement to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations set out under these Terms of Supply.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms of Supply to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- This Agreement is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the Terms of Supply contained in it, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms of Supply operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under this Agreement, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of this Agreement or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including disputes or claims arising outside the ambit of this agreement) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- We both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim which arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation (including disputes or claims arising outside the ambit of this agreement).
The following clauses only apply if you are an Individual consumer:
Your right to cancel
- You have a legal right to cancel an Agreement under the Consumer Agreements (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period of 14 days after the date you receive a Confirmation Email from us. This means that during this period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want a Course, you can advise us of your decision to cancel the Agreement and receive a refund provided that you first return to us any certificates which may have been issued by us. Information and advice about your legal right to cancel the Agreement is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office
- To cancel an Agreement in accordance with your legal right to do so, you just need to email us and tell us that you have decided to cancel. Please set out full details of your order to allow us to confirm the identity of it. Your cancellation will take effect from the date on which we receive your email
Your consumer right of return and refund
- We are under a legal duty to supply courses that are in conformity with this Agreement. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to courses that are defective or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right to cancel or other rights contained in this Agreement
- In this case we will usually provide you as soon as practicable with a refund of the price of the courses in full on the debit or credit card that you used to pay (or by another method subject to our agreement and your original method of payment)
Your implied rights
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for any breach of the terms and conditions which implied by under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (including with regard to digital content corresponding with description, fitness for purpose and being of satisfactory quality) and your rights under that Act.